Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day.

Technically, this is my second Mother's Day. I found out I was pregnant on May 9, 2008. I had been having faintly positive tests for a few days, but I had false positives before and I didn't want to be devastated again. I took about four different kinds of tests, including the fancy digital ones, on May 8, 2008, and had the pregnancy confirmed on May 9 by blood test. Two days before Mother's Day. Clint got me Benjamin Button on DVD, and of course I sobbed like a little girl again. I love the story. It's one of my new favorites.


Owen had his 4-month check-up on Thursday. He weighs 15lbs, 1oz. and is 25 inches long. He's awesome in every way, and the only thing I said no to on his development questions was that he hasn't rolled over yet. I think he is going to be the type of baby to roll from back to front first. He swings his legs all over the place, and scoots himself around that way.

We took his 4-month photo shoot today:
This is how it started, with him sitting up against the pillow next to the bear.

Then, he started bucking his legs, scooting down....

And scooting further down....

Apparently, he didn't want to sit up just then. Because this is how he ended up...

Still adorable.

Mother's day consisted of waking up late, going to later service at church with my husband and mom - and Owen of course - to see Owey's best friend Alexander get baptized. Then we came back to our apartment, made some pizza and watched Benjamin Button. Then I talked to one of my favorite mothers - Cristie Kimmins! I can't wait to bring Owen to come and visit your brood sometime in June.

Here's Owen with my mother:

And Owen with his mother.
Happy Mother's Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment