Saturday, April 25, 2009

Photo Shoot

We decided to snap some shots of Owey-bug today. It was kind of warm in our apartment, so we let him go pants-less. The ottoman is the perfect size for the boy. Like the stool at the end of Michael and Jan's bed (from the Office!).



He smiles so much now. Today I had him sitting in front of me, and I kept saying "Are you a little flirt?" And every time I said it, he turned his face down and smiled shyly, So CUTE!


These were taken right after he had a 4-hour nap. He is always most pleasant right after he wakes up. A new development: if we notice that he is really tired and ready for a nap, we can lay him down awake, and he will turn his head to the side, start sucking his thumb and fall asleep within about 5 minutes. No crying, no feeding, no rocking. I think I have a little angel baby.





This last picture reminds me of how he looks when he's getting ready to giggle. So far, the things that make him giggle are tickling his arm-pits, his inner legs, his feet and his neck, while simultaneously making a tsst-tsst-tsst sound.
















I heart you.


Owen is getting baptised tomorrow! More people than I thought are attending! I was touched to hear so many people wanted to come, considering it started out kind of a quiet event. Then my aunt said she wanted to come, and we decided to have a brunch at my mom's house afterwards, and then people started telling us they wanted to come! We also didn't invite too many people, because we are lunatics and go to church at 8:30 in the morning!!
Sadly, I found out today my aunt couldn't make it from North Carolina, which made me pretty sad. She's my Godmother, and I didn't think she would miss it! Also, I'm incredibly eager for her to meet my little boy. My mom and I talked about possibly taking a weekend and going for a visit sometime this summer.
That would also be something of a test run for a HUGE trip we are planning in September! We are going to Iowa to see Krista and Emily, and a plane would just be a bad idea (think of all the checked luggage!!) So, 11 hours one way in a car with a baby! We shall see...
I went to Sam's with my mom today to get some breakfast type things for the brunch tomorrow, which is now somehow at my house. On the menu: strawberries, assorted breakfast breads (strawberry, blueberry and chocolate), breakfast meats and potatoes, and I'm going to whip up some scrambled eggs with dill and cheese. I wish I liked eggs, alas, I will not eat them. I just make them. I'm not exactly sure how many people are coming, but maybe 7-8. It's suddenly become a to-do. I'm glad I'm taking Monday off from work.
In other work news, there was something of an opportunity recently, that I still have mixed feelings about. We are getting a new client at our site, and they have been doing interviews and testing for the past couple of weeks for anyone on our client who was interested in transferring. Of course I was interested if it meant that I could get a day-shift, so I could spend the evening at home with my family, have dinner together every night instead of just two nights a week, start Owen's bedtime routine when he gets tired and not when we have to, at 9pm when I get home from work... However, of all the things that transpired, currently and in the past with new clients, Clint and I just decided that it wasn't the right move for me. I think I had a good shot at a day shift, because I am a dual operator (processor and proofreader), and I have been there nearly two years. There are only a few people that had been there longer than me that would have wanted a day shift (which they also deserve, of course). Still, I hope that I have shown that I am dedicated to my current account, and hopefully at some point in the future I might be able to get a day-shift position. It's not the hardest thing now, but when he's a little older, I would love to get back to a "normal" working shift. It makes your entire life different. So, I am sad in a way, but I think it's for the best.
By the way, as much as I thought I would hate it, The Wrestler was a fantastic movie. Of course I had trouble with the dad-issues in it... but Mickey Rourke was fantastic. I'm sorry to say I think he deserved that Oscar over Sean Penn's Harvey Milk. (and I do love me some Sean Penn.) When I think of Mickey Rourke circa 9 1/2 Weeks and then see him in a movie like this, first of all, he has completely changed himself as a person, but he WAS his character. I tried to ignore all the stupid wrestling in it... but the story was really powerful, and I was totally impressed with Mickey Rourke. And of course, Darren Aronofsky, hello!
And Benjamin Button comes out on DVD soon! I want it for Mother's Day :). I think Mother's Day will always be a little extra special for me, because last year, I found out I was pregnant a couple days before Mother's Day! Clint got me a present :)
OK, a lot to do still, enjoy the pictures.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the baptism. Do they do a whole dunk or just a sprinkling on the head?

    We need to talk when you can. What's a good time to chat?

    Owen's a CUTIE!

    ReplyDelete