Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Little Things - There's Nothing Bigger.



Favorite things about my son's first year of life:

  • His left thumb is almost always wrinkled up like a raisin, because of how frequently said thumb is inserted in the mouth.

  • His eyes are so very blue.

  • He's a good eater.


  • He likes to swim already.

  • His curls are turning into tiny ringlets. I think of him as always having a lot of hair, but even looking back at his 8 and 9 month pictures, his hair is ridiculously long now. He has little wings on the side.



  • He's such a good sleeper. I know how thankful I should be about this. He has slept about 12 hours every night since he was 3 months old. I attribute this to the thumb and his bedtime routine.



  • He always smells like Neutrogena Rainbath. I bought a ton of that Johnsons Bedtime Bath and all that stuff. They used Rainbath on him in the hospital, and he smelled SO good, that I went and bought an enormous bottle at Sam's Club when he was a month old. It's still 25% full. The Johnsons Bedtime Bath is still in the linen closet.


  • Since he has been born, he's only been really sick one time. When he was seven weeks old. I had to spend the night in the hospital with him. Longest night ever. When I think about all the things that can go wrong for children, I thank God that I have a healthy child.



  • He hits all his milestones. He has teeth. He talks. He plays. He walks. He bangs stuff together. He's perfect.


  • Watching him walk is like seeing a little tiny drunk zombie. It's priceless.


  • When he's sleepy, he likes to curl up on something fuzzy and soft, like his polar bear. Or his back-up polar bear that he got for his birthday in case anything ever happens to the original. (that's the polar bear under him...)


  • He's so ticklish. Making him giggle from tickling, it reminds me how happy I am to have him. His giggle is infectious.

  • It appears as if his favorite food is meatloaf of all things. He also really likes pears, noodles, carrots, broccoli, graham crackers and gnocchi.


  • When we read to him, he follows along and "reads" too.

  • His favorite show, (really the only show he pays much attention to) is Little Einsteins. I know all of the songs. They get stuck in my head at work at 3am. I love how he raises his arms when Rocket blasts off. He loves it.

  • He just learned how to give kisses. It's more of an open-mouth head-butt to the face, but... he's learning. And he gives kisses away on demand, so.
  • He flirts with random women. He still has stranger anxiety, but if he doesn't get too worried, he is all smiles and shy glances. Already a ladie's man. He's going to give the girls some trouble. (Especially that Lily Dilly)...

  • Some days he looks like Clint, some days he looks like me. He's the perfect hybrid.

  • His learning to walk has been a crazy adventure.

It's been an awesome year.

1 comment:

  1. that's the best blog. ever. what a difference a year makes. you are so blesseed to be his momma:)

    ReplyDelete