Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I will let you down, I will make you hurt.

Emily and Krista were in town a few months ago. We went out to dinner at Olive Garden, and Emily took this picture of Owey. I love it, he's so cute. He's got a dirty little face, but he was so tired he had to snuggle that puppy. Whenever he's tired, he puts his face down on something soft and sucks his thumb.

The monkey seems to be developing his mind rather quickly these days. I think his size is pretty similar to where he was a month ago, but he's doing things that surprise me every day.
  • He gives me five.
  • He says "all done!" when he is done being changed.
  • The other day I caught him swiping his hands together like he was cleaning them off after touching something dirty.
  • If he doesn't want to eat something on his highchair tray, he will hide it under his sippy cup, or grab it and stick down in the seat beside him.
  • If he wants me to hold something, he grabs my hand and turns it over and puts whatever it is in my hand.
  • He stacks blocks like a champion.
  • He treats everything like a telephone when he sees me talking on my cell. He holds remotes up to his ears and says, "hi daddy." The video below is from when he first started doing this - his phone skills are much more sophisticated now.

Having a baby is the hardest work I've ever done, but it is also the most rewarding and adventurous experience in the world. Thumbs up for having kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment