Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Introduction.

So, I decided to start a blog. Back in my college days, when Myspace and Facebook were in their infancy, there was LiveJournal. I was a dedicated blogger of sorts, then. I can't remember what I wrote about, but I know that putting down thoughts there was a little part of my day that I always enjoyed.


Part of me always thinks that blogging is a little... self righteous... or something along those lines. For now, I'm going to put those feelings aside.


I find myself now 26, a college graduate with a (sometimes) promising job, married to an incredible man, and the mother of a 5-week old. While in almost every way I am thrilled and happy, part of me freaks out a little every day, knowing that I am completely responsible for his well-being. I knew all of this going into it, but I totally underestimated how hard it would be. At least once a week, Clint comes home to find me completely frazzled, exhausted, weepy, etc... Although I unload my feelings on my husband, and he usually provides some sort of relief and understanding, I still feel the urge to vent. I don't think anyone who hasn't had a baby can relate.


Another of the reasons, among several, that I decided to start blogging is because my son has completely changed my life, and continues to make monumental changes every day. Because I am sleep deprived, and more than a little stressed, I don't want to risk forgetting the small miracles I witness every day. I'd like somewhere to go back and remember that today was the first day Owen smiled. He's 5 weeks old. He likes his lips and cheeks tickled. If I make enough sing-songy encouragement, he will turn his lips up for a second. I haven't managed to get a picture of it yet, but I will try.


Another thing I want to document is his whole birth experience. But, it's 1:33 a.m. I'm sure he will be up again before daylight, and for now he's quiet in his bassinet, so I am going back to bed. The long drawn-out birth experience postponed for another day. Or another midnight feeding.

This is my boy, at 3 days old.




3 comments:

  1. I love that picture of Owen!

    And I love reading your ramblings, hence my suggestion for you to start a blog!

    I think a blog is what you want it to be, and you're not a self righteous type of person, so I really see this as a way to chronicle Owen's beginnings and accomplishments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's how I want to look at it. There are a lot of things I want to say, but I find myself with five minute windows of time, not enough to write much. Hence, why I did my first entry in the middle of the night!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kara,

    <3 the blog. It's interesting to me because I used to blog pretty regularly in the days of LiveJournal. Plus, I love baby stories.

    This will surely be neat to look back on as Owen grows older. Imagine him being able to read this when he's getting ready to graduate high school. Crazy, huh?

    <3 julie

    ReplyDelete