Friday, February 20, 2009

Is it really only 11pm?

Today was an extremely hard day. It just seemed like Owen was awake all day. That might not sound like a problem, but it's not like I can let him go play by himself for an hour. I thought he was going to take a nice long nap this morning, because it also seemed like he was awake all night... BUT, he only slept for about 45 minutes. He seemed like he screamed all day, which really is not like him. I think because I am starting to wean him off breast milk altogether (we have been doing half breast milk, half formula), he's more gassy and is having a harder time with #2. The past two days he's been really fussy.

He's still very interested in his thumb. I watched him try to figure out how to put his thumb in his mouth for a solid 10 minutes earlier. Unfortunately, most times he either pokes his gums with his thumb nail, he wedges his thumb under his top lip, or he tries to jam his entire fist in his mouth. He tries to get it in there when he's really tired (which I think once he figures it out is going to be a God-send), but for now his coordination isn't there. He tries so hard that he ends up getting so frustrated that he's wide awake again. I try to offer him a pacifier, which he would happily take most times up until a couple days ago. Now he tries it out for a minute or two and spits it right back out. He's stuck on the thumb, now. Just like his mama.

It really seemed like I was feeding him or trying to calm him down for every minute of today. Just not like him. I keep waiting for the big long sleep that I am sure is in store for him, considering he's slept very little compared to how much he usually sleeps. But... he fell into a deep sleep on Clint earlier, and I figured we would put him in his bassinet and he would sleep until at least midnight. I put him down around 8:30 and he was up at 10:15...

Wow, I'm tired. Well, I laid him down about 10 minutes ago and he was still slightly awake, and I haven't heard any baby noises now for a good five minutes, so I'm going to take advantage and get back in bed. I love the weekend nights because Clint takes one of the middle of the night feedings. If I go to sleep now, I may, may (don't get excited) get to sleep until 4 or 5!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment