Monday, March 9, 2009

The first day back...

So, I made it through the first day back to work...
The first two hours were easy, because in between working on small jobs, I showed people pictures and talked about Owey. After the first couple hours though, I started thinking about him a lot and I started to get really sad... I would think about his little smiling face. And his little ornery face... I missed him terribly. I was going to go home on my lunch break, but Owen was asleep, so I decided not to come home, so as not to disturb him. I managed to only call my mom twice and Clint once, and I only texted Clint twice. He sent me a picture message of Owen smiling :)

Clint said he was awake from like 6 to 8:40, and he's asleep now in the swing, but he still needs to take his antibiotic and is probably going to be starving here shortly. Clint is also asleep. I came home to both my men already asleep.

Now my mind is racing with a million different thoughts. Some of the things I am thinking about...

I started reading The Reader and although it's taking me some time, I'm starting to make some progress. I'm looking forward to seeing the movie. I also really want to see Revolutionary Road. Big Kate Winslet fan. I think she picks really fascinating characters... Some of my favorite films that she is in are Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Finding Neverland, Little Children... I love movies altogether.

I recently got a new phone when I renewed my cell phone contract. Just so happens, the best deal was on a BlackBerry. Even though I had to go through a rebate, I ended up only paying $20 for the phone. The phone, by the way, is awesome. It has a 2.0 megapixel camera, it has about a million functions, and it alerts me everytime I get an email or anything on my Facebook. It's so convenient for correspondence. I love it.

I also received the ring sling in the mail that I ordered from Etsy.com. I love it! I wish I would have had it since I brought him home from the hospital, it seems like he likes being "worn."

I'm practically giddy that the weather is improving. I can't wait to take Owen outside for walks!

I think my little man is waking up. I can't wait to snuggle him. Okay, time to refocus on the boy!

3 comments:

  1. So I freakin' LOVE my BlackBerry, or CrackBerry as many refer to it as. Check out CrackBerry.com - there's free ringtones, wallpapers, and themes. I just downloaded some new ringtones today, actually.

    Glad you love your sling.

    And good luck as you continue the transition from home momma to working momma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some afternooon i'd love to borrow your sling to measure it out. I got another contraption @ target yesterday to carry my lil man around in, but im not sure its the right one yet; especially with a $30 price tag. I might try to make this one too.

    btw- love the huggies! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I know which one you mean. Is it black toile? I got that one too, and it didn't work out. If I had your sewing capabilities, I would make several of my own. You can order the rings from slingrings.com. I like the ring sling much better. I used it today.

    Huggies are my favorite, but if you buy any, buy the kind in the dark red package. They are even better than the white package.

    ReplyDelete